Terms and Conditions
When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
- Contract: these Terms entered into by you together with the Order;
- Event Outside Our Control: means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, cancellation by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation of war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, failure of public or private telecommunications networks;
- Order: your Order for the Product(s) as set out in your order confirmation email;
- Order Date: the date the Order is placed with us;
- Product(s): the goods(s) set out in your Order;
- Terms: the terms and conditions set out in this document;
2. These terms
- What these Terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply the Products to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your Order to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Products to you, how you and we may change or end the Contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms or require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
3. Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Forwood Design Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 07696828 and our registered office is at Hillside Business Park, First Floor Suite 2, Bury St Edmunds IP32 7EA. Our registered VAT number is 123204469.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning us at 07748162519 or by writing to us at email@example.com or Hillside Business Park, First Floor Suite 2, Bury St Edmunds IP32 7EA. Or by using our online form on our website www.forwooddesign.com.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your Order.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this includes emails.
4. Our contract with you
- How we will accept your Order. Our acceptance of your Order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a Contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your Order. If we are unable to accept your Order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the Product. This might be because the Product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the Product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your Order number. We will assign an order number to your Order and tell you what it is when we accept your Order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your Order.
- We sell our Products worldwide. We deliver to addresses inside the UK whereby standard UK delivery charges will apply. Delivery charges to addresses outside the UK will vary and are available by contacting us.
5. Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the Products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products. Your Product may vary slightly from those images.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the Product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
6. Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the Product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the Contract (see clause 14- Your rights to end the contract).
7. Our rights to make changes
Minor changes to the Products. We may change the Product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the Product(s).
More significant changes to the Products and these Terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the Product on our website, we may make the following changes to these Terms or the Product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the Contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any Products paid for but not received
8. Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website. Please contact us to obtain specific delivery charges for the Products to be shipped outside the UK.
- When we will provide the Products. During the Order process we will let you know when we will provide the Products to you. We will deliver the Products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 3-5 working days after the Order is placed.
- We are not responsible for Events Outside Our Control. If our supply of the Products is delayed by an Event Outside Our Control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may Contact us to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Products you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the Products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Products from a local depot.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the Products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the Contract and clause 17 will apply.
- When you become responsible for the Product. The Product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the Product to the address you gave us.
- When you own the Product. You own the Product once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the Products to you, for example, your name, address and contact telephone number. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the Products on our website. We will Contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the Contract (and clause 17 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the Products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of the Products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a Product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the Product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the Product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 7).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of the Products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the Product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for the Products while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the Contract for a Product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 30 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the Product in respect of the period after you end the Contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the Products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the Products when you are supposed to (see clause 3) and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the Products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the Products. We will not charge you for the Products during the period for which they are suspended.
9. Your rights to end the contract
You can always end your Contract with us. Your rights when you end the Contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the Contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the Contract (or to get the Product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 17;
- If you want to end the Contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the Product, see clause 3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 14.6.
Ending the Contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a Contract for a reason set out at 14.2.1 to 14.2.5) below the Contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any Products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the Product or these Terms which you do not agree to (see clause 2);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the Products may be significantly delayed because of Events Outside Our Control;
- we have suspended supply of the Products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the Contract because of something we have done wrong.
Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
How long do I have to change my mind? You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) received the Product unless your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receive the last delivery to change your mind about the Product(s).
Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 14.1), you can still end the Contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The Contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for Products not provided, subject to us recovering any reasonable costs incurred as a result of your ending the Contract.
10. How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
Tell us you want to end the Contract. To end the Contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call us on 07748162519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the Order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Complete the online form on our website www.forwooddesign.com.
- By post. Write to us at Forwood Design Ltd, Hillside Business Park, First Floor Suite 2, Bury St Edmunds IP32 7EA including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
Returning Products after ending the Contract. If you end the Contract for any reason after Products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the Products in person to where you bought them, or post them back to us at Pippin Cottage Ford Road Woodbridge Suffolk IP13 0AR. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the Products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the Contract. You will need to complete the returns form that was sent with your Order. The Product(s) must be wrapped in its original packing and secured sufficiently to withstand delivery. We recommend you use registered and insured delivery keeping the receipt as proof of posting. We cannot be responsible for Products damaged or lost in transit
When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the Contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the Product or these Terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to an Event Outside Our Control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong;
- In all other circumstances (excluding where you are exercising your right to change your mind under clause 14.3) you must pay the costs of return.
How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the Products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment.
When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the Products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 15.2.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
11. Our rights to end the contract
We may end the Contract if you break it. We may end the Contract for a Product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Products, for example, your name and address;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Products to you or collect them from us.
12. If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the Product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 07748162519 or write to us at email@example.com orHillside Business Park, First Floor Suite 2, Bury St Edmunds IP32 7EA.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 14.3.
- Your obligation to return rejected Products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject Products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please use the returns label enclosed with your Order. We will arrange collection of a damaged Product and once received, will send out a replacement or issue you a full refund within 24 hours. Replacements for returned Products, and/or a full reimbursement cannot be processed until we have received the returned Product in our warehouse.
13. Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the Product. The price of the Product (which includes VAT and delivery) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your Order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Product you Order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your Order Date and the date we supply the Product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your Order so that, where the Product’s correct price at your Order Date is less than our stated price at your Order Date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Product’s correct price at your Order Date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your Order.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment by credit or debit card, including PayPal. You must pay for the Products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the Products to you.
14. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. If you use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
15. How we may use your personal information
How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the Products to you;
- to process your payment for the Products; and
- if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar Products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
16. Other important terms
- Transfer of rights. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
- Nobody else has any rights under this Contract. This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the Contract or make any changes to these Terms.
- If a court finds part of this Contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this Contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this Contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.